Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Jahrzeit

Jahrzeit

By: Ardis E. Parshall - July 26, 2014

One year ago, at the very time I’m posting this, my sweet Toby left. I still think of him every day, and hope that he remembers me with as much love as I have for him. I still expect to see him again someday.

Just wanted to mark his passing. Thanks.

1. Sorry about the loss. That bond with a beloved animal can be so very powerful and profound. I have a few dogs with whom I am anticipating a happy reunion in the next life!

Comment by Braden — July 26, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

2. and hope that he remembers me with as much love as I have for him. I still expect to see him again someday.

This was beautiful and something I hope is true, too. Hang in there.

Comment by David Y. — July 26, 2014 @ 6:46 pm

3. One of my two dachshunds passed away a couple of months ago. I spent an hour the next morning digging her a grave down by a dry creek on my property, in a spot shaded by pine trees and oaks. It is the closest thing to a contemplative spot on my property.

It is never easy to lose them. But we have chose as best friends species with one-seventh our life span. They don’t last nearly long enough.

Comment by Vader — July 26, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

4. It is so hard to lose a pet. I love my animals so much.
    They are great little companions and friends. Their loss is felt very deeply. I’m sorry that Toby left too soon. I’m sure he misses you, too. I think we will be together with our pets again. I have pets that I miss terribly and would be thrilled to be with again. They are just so sweet…

Comment by Debra H — July 26, 2014 @ 9:19 pm

5. I am glad that you posted this. I can’t believe that it was a year ago that you said goodbye to him. I remember how hard it was for you to do.

Comment by Maurine — July 26, 2014 @ 10:20 pm

6. Sometimes some of the days that serve to mark the passage of time — New Year’s, birthdays, Tax Day — become so commonplace that they don’t have the same impact as something like the passing of your beloved cat Toby. In other words, just like Maurine said, it’s hard to believe it’s been a year. I am glad I was able to meet Toby a time or two. He was a good and faithful pet. Thank you for sharing with us his meaning in your life.

Comment by Amy T — July 27, 2014 @ 8:08 am