Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Keepa’s Schedule

Keepa’s Schedule

By: Ardis E. Parshall - July 19, 2014

We have some new readers, and I’ve received a couple of queries lately that suggest it might be useful to outline Keepa’s weekly schedule. I’ll link to this from the “About” page for future reference.

Monday through Friday

6:30 a.m. (Mountain Time; or later, if I’m lazy) – the day’s main post goes up.

10:00 a.m. – Usually something visual: an advertisement from an old Mormon publication; historic Mormon letterhead, a photograph that doesn’t need much explanation.

12:00 noon – Mormon Literature

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Fiction from old Mormon periodicals. These are very often serials; when a serial is complete, we have a week or two of miscellaneous short stories before starting another serial.

Tuesday, Thursday
Poetry from old Mormon periodicals

Saturday

Humor from old Mormon periodicals. I’ve posted just about all I can find, and am now recycling them as “Saturday Remix” posts.

Sunday

The main post of the day is a bite-size piece of a missionary journal.

On Sundays when I teach Sunday School, I post my lesson outline under the heading “In Our Ward” at about noon.

-oOo-

This is, of course, subject to change on any given day depending on the intrusion of real life. Real life doesn’t understand the urgency of blogging.

1. Why am I feeling that ‘feed the cat’ should be in the schedule somewhere?

Comment by LauraN — July 19, 2014 @ 12:57 pm

2. I’m always impressed by someone who posts on their blog more than I do on mine. *grin* The amazing quality of your posts is a wonderful bonus.

Comment by Ray — July 19, 2014 @ 1:03 pm

3. Nice to hear from you, Ray! It’s been a long time.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — July 19, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

4. Cats count as “real life,” LauraN, and trust me, they do NOT appreciate blogging when it interferes with their mealtime!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — July 19, 2014 @ 1:09 pm

5. This schedule is not really new to me, but it’s still mind boggling.

Comment by David Y. — July 19, 2014 @ 1:53 pm

6. Keepa will always be one of my favorite if not my favorite blog. Thanks for sharing so much great content!

Comment by Amanda — July 19, 2014 @ 2:52 pm

7. Wow – that’s a lot of blogging… Impressive!

Comment by Meg Stout — July 19, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

8. Yeah. I’m impressed, too. Anymore, I feel good if I get two posts a week done. And that’s not because I’m busy. :)

Comment by RoeH — July 19, 2014 @ 6:12 pm

9. One of the nice things about your schedule is that those of us in an earlier time zone have first dibs on comments. : )

Comment by Amy T — July 20, 2014 @ 7:53 am

10. Most blogs don’t have one-fifth of the content amount, nor one-hundredth of the content quality. Ardis, you never cease to amaze!

Comment by Chad Too — July 20, 2014 @ 7:54 am

11. I really posted this for the benefit of new ‘ninnies, in part to help them recognize the fiction schedule so there is no confusion — not to beg for compliments! But it’s really nice to read all these, anyway.

Thanks.

Today’s — Sunday’s — missionary diary installment was delayed not to my sleeping in, but to the great length of the materials on the Indians of the New World that our Scottish missionary copied into his diary. Since this is a record of his sacred experiences, I have to believe that he considered these evidence of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, and copied them into his diary to keep handy for use in sermons. Give it a look!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — July 20, 2014 @ 8:39 am