Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » “I Take Up My Pen”: St. Joseph Stake, 1898

“I Take Up My Pen”: St. Joseph Stake, 1898

By: Ardis E. Parshall - April 09, 2014

1. Ardis, Do you know how stationery matters are handled today? All coordinated from Salt Lake? Or is some local input permitted?

Comment by Gary Bergera — April 9, 2014 @ 12:26 pm

2. I don’t know, but I suspect (you probably do, too) that it’s tightly controlled, both as to approved style and approval for who gets it. I mean, since I suspect it’s paid for from general Church funds, I doubt that local auxiliaries can have their own stationery the way we’ve seen in this series. Not that they need it, come to think of it, since paper correspondence is more and more obsolete. Can’t imagine any stake YM or ward SS presidency needing to correspond with anyone these days …

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — April 9, 2014 @ 12:57 pm

3. All stationery is printed at church headquarters. At least for the United States. The Church logo is at the top, centered, and the name of the ward/branch and stake is on the left margin just below that.

Comment by Mark B. — April 9, 2014 @ 12:58 pm

4. Thanks, Ardis and Mark. I’m sure streamlining such small matters is efficient. Still, can you imagine how things would look stationery-wise today if each unit were able to provide some artistic input!

Comment by Gary Bergera — April 9, 2014 @ 2:50 pm

5. Yes, Gary. Just like I’m glad that we don’t have marquees on the lawn and someone with a calling to make up things for it.

Comment by Carol — April 9, 2014 @ 4:29 pm

6. Marquees on ward house lawns? Now that would be interesting!

Comment by Gary Bergera — April 9, 2014 @ 4:39 pm