Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Stay Tuned: Announcement Pending

Stay Tuned: Announcement Pending

By: Ardis E. Parshall - February 01, 2013

If I read the tea leaves right, a development of great interest to those of us who love/read/study/teach Church history will occur a little later this morning. Because I’ll need to take a few minutes from my real work to blog about it then, I’m actually doing some of that real work now instead of writing Keepa’s usual morning post.

Stay tuned.

1. You tease.

Comment by Ray — February 1, 2013 @ 7:43 am

2. Such a tease.

Comment by HokieKate — February 1, 2013 @ 7:59 am

3. Thanks, Ardis. Now I won’t get anything done today!

Comment by Mark B. — February 1, 2013 @ 8:04 am

4. Ach, du Schreck, the suspense is killin’ me.

Comment by Amy T — February 1, 2013 @ 8:12 am

5. Oh you tease. And now, I sit here on pins and needles waiting.

Comment by brandt — February 1, 2013 @ 8:24 am

6. My post is ready. I await only a link and the nod to publish it!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — February 1, 2013 @ 8:30 am

7. What a tease! How am I supposed to get anything done, now! This is all a plan to sabatoge my day’s productivity, I KNOW IT! :)

Comment by Ben P — February 1, 2013 @ 8:35 am

8. Yeah, thanks a lot, Ardis! I’m on pins and needles over here.

Comment by Christopher — February 1, 2013 @ 8:37 am

9. I’m winking- and nodding- will that suffice?!

Comment by Anne (UK) — February 1, 2013 @ 8:38 am

10. I feel like the night I had my first drink – a little light-headed and very excited.

Comment by Aaron R. — February 1, 2013 @ 8:38 am

11. Does this have anything to do with the oops-link the Church twitter account posted yesterday appearing to have something to do with crowdsourcing digitization of documents that went to a non-existent news.lds.org page?

Comment by David T — February 1, 2013 @ 8:42 am

12. Out with it!

Comment by WVS — February 1, 2013 @ 9:06 am

13. Looking forward to seeing what’s cookin’

Comment by Jared T. — February 1, 2013 @ 9:08 am

14. They’ve identified Joseph Smith’s DNA and are going to clone him in South Korea?

Comment by Adam G. — February 1, 2013 @ 9:22 am

15. Well, I hope I haven’t raised expectations TOO high …

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — February 1, 2013 @ 9:22 am

16. AP Wire (SLC): The LDS Church (Mormon) has just announced they will no longer follow the concept of history. History, as they now state, really has never existed, will never exist, and does not exist as we now speak. Church historians are to immediately receive their walking papers, as the Church no longer has any need for them. When asked what this all means, the spokesman stated that we will now just focus on the “now”, rather than the “then”.

Comment by Rameumptom — February 1, 2013 @ 9:25 am

17. @Rameumptom (#16)

“I’m not here to talk about the past.”
    - Mark McGuire, Testimony to US House Committee, 2005

Comment by brandt — February 1, 2013 @ 9:27 am

18. Okay Ardis, I’ve been on the edge of my seat all morning, and now that it’s afternoon I’m really dying. You could give us a hint, right?

Comment by Stan — February 1, 2013 @ 12:10 pm

19. It’s posted, Stan! Sorry you didn’t see it go up — it’s the “Revelations in Context” post just above this one.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — February 1, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

20. I’m actually tuned in early (for me) in the day instead of midnight or so. Now I have to wonder about the announcement the rest of the day.

Comment by Maurine — February 1, 2013 @ 2:07 pm