Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » A Photograph: The Feet of Them That Bring Good Tidings

A Photograph: The Feet of Them That Bring Good Tidings

By: Ardis E. Parshall - January 16, 2013

Yesterday’s photo collection included an aerial view of the Cardston Temple, which inspired Keepa’ninny Carol Brady Dupuis to send in this photograph taken by her missionary son Tom Bickmore, serving in Cardston, Alberta, Canada. Tom says the city logo including the Cardston Temple appears everywhere – street signs, the sides of trucks … and, as shown here, even on manhole covers.

I like seeing the missionary feet as much as the logo on the manhole cover, hence the title of this post.

1. Love the photograph, and any chance to use the word hence in a sentence. (my kids joke that I am the last person living who still uses that word)

Comment by Bruce Crow — January 16, 2013 @ 11:50 am

2. And, those words under the temple say “Temple City.”

The carriage below them is, I suspect, a nod to the Remington Carriage Museum.

Once you’ve seen the temple and the carriage museum, it’s sort of like the cop at the accident scene: “Keep moving folks. Nothing to see here.”

Comment by Mark B. — January 16, 2013 @ 12:09 pm

3. Beautiful.

Comment by lindberg — January 16, 2013 @ 12:28 pm

4. Very cool.

Comment by Paul — January 16, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

5. Mark, as one who spent a week there one day last summer, I can echo your sentiments. Stayed in one of the worst motels I have ever been in there. A lot of history, though, including some family connections in nearby Raymond, and a good friend who grew up in Cardston. I just had to chuckle, comparing the beehive symbols on the doorknobs of the Salt Lake Temple, to the Cardston Temple on municipal manhole covers.

Comment by kevinf — January 17, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

6. With a population of just over 3500, I’d hardly consider Cardston a city. Kinda cool none-the-less.

Comment by Jay — January 20, 2013 @ 5:02 pm