Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » The Grinch Has Already Stolen Christmas

The Grinch Has Already Stolen Christmas

By: Ardis E. Parshall - November 19, 2012

That tree they were stringing with lights last month? It’s gone!

1. Did they damage it while putting up the lights? Or maybe they noticed a fatal disease while working on it. Weird.

Comment by Carol — November 19, 2012 @ 1:32 pm

2. I have no idea. Maybe it was a last-minute landscaping decision. I wouldn’t even have noticed, without having taken that picture in October. Now that tree is HISTORY.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — November 19, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

3. It must be some kind of sign–that’s what you get when you start doing Christmas before Thanksgiving.

Comment by Mark B. — November 19, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

4. Maybe they ran out of lights? …

Comment by Gary Bergera — November 20, 2012 @ 11:35 am

5. That’s it. We’re gonna tear down every wall, cut down every tree, rip up every walk, if we can’t deck it for Christmas!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — November 20, 2012 @ 11:55 am

6. I’m with the Christmas before Thanksgiving theory.

Comment by Stephen Taylor — November 20, 2012 @ 12:11 pm

7. Obviously the tree was found out to be an apostate, and removed from its position.

I’m sure Pres Packer’s Committee for the Strengthening of the Membership had something to do with this…. ;)

Comment by Rameumptom — November 20, 2012 @ 1:47 pm

8. I think the tree just realized, after watching the Twilight series finale, that it would never have its true love across the street, no matter what it did, and so it found a tree grown from the tree it truly loves, and headed off to Oregon to spend a loving Christmas, surrounded by the family and friends that give it hope for a future that it never could have with the love it fought for, and lost.

I don’t know how to embed a link on my phone, but you can find my inspiration here. http://www.ericdsnider.com/snide/my-rejected-breaking-dawn-part-2-screenplay/

(Eric Snider is from Portland and I have met him a few times at OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) events. He writes movie reviews professionally, and “Snide Remarks” as his labor of love. In my strange way, his post and Rameumptom’s comment melded for me today.)

Comment by Julia — November 21, 2012 @ 4:10 am