Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Three Thousand

Three Thousand

By: Ardis E. Parshall - November 14, 2012

This is Keepa’s 3000th post. Thank you for your part in making Keepa such a wonderful community. Thank you, times 3000. — Ardis

1. All those K’s made me think of Rangers game I attended when Nolan Ryan got his 5000th strikeout. Only 2715 to go, and you’ll pass Ryan for most career K’s.

Comment by Left Field — November 14, 2012 @ 7:08 am

2. Congratulations! That is an amazing feat!

Comment by Amy T — November 14, 2012 @ 8:23 am

3. If I stare long enough at the picture, is it supposed to reveal the missing portrait of our blogger friend, Ardis?

(Or I could just go to the Trib)

Comment by Grant — November 14, 2012 @ 8:26 am

4. Congratulations, Ardis! Here’s to at least 3,000 more!

Comment by Gary Bergera — November 14, 2012 @ 8:51 am

5. yay!

Comment by Mina — November 14, 2012 @ 9:20 am

6. You reputation for puzzles and as an authority on Mormon cryptography made me think there was a message somewhere in all the “K”s. I guess the message is yippee!

Comment by Bruce Crow — November 14, 2012 @ 10:18 am

7. I’m OK with that. Thanks, Ardis!

Comment by Mark B. — November 14, 2012 @ 10:38 am

8. As you all have so cleverly surmised, this post was just a ruse to collect a lot of pats on the back without having to actually write anything. My wiley plan has succeeded. :)

Thank you.

I’m getting over the mother of all colds, and if I have a brain again sometime soon, I’ll start writing again.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — November 14, 2012 @ 10:53 am

9. You do such a fantastic amount of quality work, Ardis, that you deserve all the pats on the back we can give you!

Comment by Alison — November 14, 2012 @ 11:12 am

10. (thank you)^3000

Comment by lindberg — November 14, 2012 @ 12:02 pm

11. This post? Meh.

The other 2,999? Awesome!

Congratulations on achieving a huge milestone. I am always impressed by the sheer volume of excellent output you produce on a regular basis. Keepa it up!

Comment by kevinf — November 14, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

12. I love them all.

Comment by Carol — November 14, 2012 @ 3:55 pm

13. Congrats from a satisfied (sometime) lurker.

Comment by MDearest — November 14, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

14. Ardis, I am so grateful that you kept going! I know I am new, and I have a few days here and there where my body breaks down, but it is always a delight to come back and catch up. I also love poking around the archives.

On days when my brain is functional, but my body isn’t, Keepa has helped to keep me sane. It is also the first place that has ever gotten me interested in Utah history.

If I knew where to send the roses, they would be there tomorrow!

Sending hugs and good thoughts!

Comment by Julia — November 14, 2012 @ 6:32 pm

15. Oh, one thought, maybe you can tell us on the 3,000th post, how much Keepa has cost you, so we can pay some of it back! ;-)

Comment by Julia — November 14, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

16. It is you who should be thanked. This is one of my favorite websites, and even though I don’t get to post as often as I’d like, I never miss out on a Keepa post.

And (get ready to be jealous, ninnies) I’ve met the actual Ardis in Real Life in person!

Comment by Chad Too — November 14, 2012 @ 7:01 pm

17. I am very proud of you. I always enjoy your posts and love the variety. I am looking forward to another 3,000.

Comment by Jeff Johnson — November 14, 2012 @ 11:13 pm

18. I knew you could do it; I knew you could do it; I knew . . . Anyway, you are great and we are all blessed by everything we have learned through your work with Keepa. Keep it up. We love you.

Comment by Maurine Ward — November 14, 2012 @ 11:42 pm

19. Yeah, maybe after 3,000 posts, you sorta *should* have a cold. You deserve a little break!

(Thanks for a wonderful website.)

Comment by David Y. — November 15, 2012 @ 12:07 am

20. This is my first stop of each morning’s reads. Thanks for a totally great product.

Comment by Rachelle — November 15, 2012 @ 8:31 am

21. I absolutely LOVE your blog! Keep it up!

Comment by Cameron — November 16, 2012 @ 9:44 am

22. Congratulations, Ardis! You’re amazing!

Comment by Ziff — November 19, 2012 @ 1:33 pm