Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Latter-day Saint Images, 1949 (2)

Latter-day Saint Images, 1949 (2)

By: Ardis E. Parshall - August 20, 2012

The Latter-day Saints of 1949 –

Chowchilla, California .
Relief Society Bazaar .

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Branch Relief Society Leaders

Strassbourg, France
Primary

Dewsbury, England
Relief Society Welfare Canning Project

Primary Children’s Hospital
Christmas Party

British Mission Leaders
Richard Ballantyne Centennial Celebration

University Ward, Emigration Stake (Utah)
Primary Bicycle Ride

Home Primary

Liberty Ward, Bear Lake Stake
Christmas Party

Primary’s Junior Council TV Show

Maricopa, Arizona
Harvesting Dates for Shipment to Primary Children’s Hospital

1. As usual, these are all great, Ardis. (I wonder what it means that I enjoy these so much …)

Comment by Gary Bergera — August 20, 2012 @ 8:58 am

2. I don’t know, Gary, but I’m beginning to depend on your expressing your enjoyment. Thank you.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — August 20, 2012 @ 9:10 am

3. Another great set of pictures. Thanks, Ardis! And wouldn’t it be nice if the pictures the church is gathering now had names attached to all the faces!

Comment by Mark B. — August 20, 2012 @ 9:23 am

4. Love all the Primary shots. I still have a class photo from either a Sunday School or Primary class from when I was a child — probably age 9 or 10. We looked quite a bit like these kids do (wondering, no doubt, how much longer the picture would take!).

Comment by Paul — August 20, 2012 @ 9:32 am

5. I saw the call sign on that television camera, and couldn’t resist Googling it. And found a fascinating site with history and photographs of station KDYL in Salt Lake City. Interesting stuff!

Comment by Mark B. — August 20, 2012 @ 9:34 am

6. These pictures are always a treat!

Comment by Chocolate on my Cranium — August 20, 2012 @ 9:47 am

7. I always enjoy these.

Comment by kevinf — August 20, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

8. “Primary’s Junior Council TV Show”

Whaaaaa??!?? If only there were some website that could explain this long-lost TV show I’d never heard of before.

Let’s see, I’ll just Google and…

Oh:

Comment by MC — August 20, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

9. MC gets all the brownie points today!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — August 20, 2012 @ 2:47 pm

10. In the England Picture we see Elder Alma Sonne who took over after Elder Ezra Taft Benson’s WW2 cleanup effort. Also seated on his right may be President Selvoy J. Boyer who was the Mission President. Also in that mission at that time was a young Elder M. Russell Ballard but I don’t think I see him in that group of people.

Comment by Cameron — August 20, 2012 @ 8:11 pm

11. Cameron, I’m plum out of brownie points, having rashly awarded them all to MC for recalling that old Keepa post. I’ll have to learn to keep a few points in reserve for you and your uncanny ability to Spot-the-General-Authority!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — August 20, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

12. I’m not looking for any of your “rashly awarded” brownie points, but I want you to know that I really, really enjoy these photos when you post them.

Comment by Maurine Ward — August 21, 2012 @ 12:47 am

13. I always enjoy these pictures. This batch is so recent, that it is interesting to think of the little old ladies at church being the young women in the photographs.

Comment by HokieKate — August 21, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

14. I always love the Primary Children’s Hospital pictures. Makes me think of my loving pennies.

Comment by Carol — August 22, 2012 @ 8:44 am