Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Latter-day Saint Images, 1925 (4)

Latter-day Saint Images, 1925 (4)

By: Ardis E. Parshall - July 25, 2012

Aalborg, Denmark
Word of Wisdom Champions
(no idea of the competition involved!)

South Sanpete Stake, Utah
Scouts at Fish Lake

Missionaries of South Dakota
(with George Albert Smith)

Some of the “One Thousand Mature Men”
Called at October Conference to Serve 6-Month Missions,
At Salt Lake Missionary Home

Sacramento, California
Relief Society Bazaar

Oakland, California
M Men

Missionaries in Jacksonville, Florida
(with Heber J. Grant)

Berlin, Germany
Pageant: “The Fullness of the Gospel”

Payson 2nd Ward, Utah

Cedar City Scouts
Exploring Zion National Park

Troop 33, Salt Lake Council
Scouts Heading to Outing

Missionaries, Belgian Conference

San Jose, California
Relief Society

Konigsberg, Germany
Relief Society

Ithaca Branch, New York
Cornell University Students and Families

Twelve of the Original Twenty-Nine
BYU Enrollees

1. You wouldn’t happen to know the names of the Cedar City Scouts, would you? My family on both sides hails from there. Not sure whether that bodes well for me, genetically speaking.

Comment by Capozaino — July 25, 2012 @ 8:36 am

2. I love the BYU class reunion picture.

Comment by Carol — July 25, 2012 @ 9:09 am

3. No, sorry. These pictures sometimes indicate the name of a Sunday School Superintendent, or the names of missionaries, but almost never the names of children or large groups of any members.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — July 25, 2012 @ 9:09 am

4. Once again another great batch of photographs. Thanks, Ardis!

Comment by Gary Bergera — July 25, 2012 @ 10:08 am

5. Last night my wife was looking at the BYU alumni magazine and noted that the Maeser building is the only one anyone ever wants to photograph.

The Berlin pageant looks like it was costumed by Minerva Teichart.

Comment by John Mansfield — July 25, 2012 @ 10:31 am

6. It’s hard to tell, but in the Jacksonville picture it looks like Heber J. Grant has a full beard.

Comment by reed russell — July 25, 2012 @ 11:50 am

7. Elder Charles Callis is also in the Jacksonville, Florida picture. I have been wanting to read a more in depth biography on him for sometime now

Comment by Cameron — July 25, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

8. Ardis do you have a larger copy of the Aalborg picture? My Great Grandmother was in that branch and I would love to see if she is in that picture. Thanks for all the work you put into this blog.

Comment by Colleen Willis — July 25, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

9. It’s an easy choice, John Mansfield. It’s the only building on campus that was actually designed by an architect.

Comment by Mark B. — July 25, 2012 @ 2:47 pm

10. Colleen, I’ll send you a copy of that picture, so that you can enlarge it as much as you need to, to examine each face. I hope it’s clear enough to spot her with that little bit of help.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — July 25, 2012 @ 3:40 pm

11. I always love to look at the pictures, hoping to find someone I know. I am fascinated by the clothes worn at that time, for example the Relief Society women in San Jose and the Ithaca Branch and the boys in troop 33.

Comment by Maurine Ward — July 25, 2012 @ 11:24 pm