Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Latter-day Saint Images, 1929 (2)

Latter-day Saint Images, 1929 (2)

By: Ardis E. Parshall - May 31, 2012

Want to see the Latter-day Saints of 1929?

First Beehive Girls in Norway

Non-LDS Patients Who Formed a Beehive Group

Missionaries, Vavau District, Tonga

Pocatello, Idaho, 6th Ward Gleaner Chorus

Grand Island, Nebraska
Beehive Girls

Junior (MIA) Girls, Salten Ward, Roosevelt Stake, Utah

1. I enjoy looking through the photo albums each week. Someday I will recognize someone in one of these pictures or at least have an ancestor who was in that place about the same time!

Comment by mahana — May 31, 2012 @ 8:34 am

2. That first one is so cute. I’ll have to show that to my Beehives.

Comment by Amy T — May 31, 2012 @ 8:37 am

3. Is it at all possible to get a higher res scan of the Ketterman, WV photo? There are a couple of folks in our stake whose families lived in that area around that time.

Comment by Tom O. — May 31, 2012 @ 10:41 am

4. Tom, my original source is a very small half-tone printed on cheap paper — I’ve scanned it 600 dpi, but that doesn’t do anything to improve the poor quality of the original. I’ll send a scan to you, though, in case you can do anything by enlarging or tinkering with it that I cannot do.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — May 31, 2012 @ 11:08 am

5. I too am interested in the Ketterman photo. My grandfather who was one of 13 and his parents are likely in the photo. May I have a scan? Do you know the origin or who may have the original photo?

Comment by Chris S — January 5, 2013 @ 8:28 pm

6. I’ve sent a scan to you at the address you left, Chris. This photo was scanned from the Juvenile Instructor — I have no idea where any original print of the photo can be found. Here’s hoping that you can spot your family somewhere in the picture!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 5, 2013 @ 8:39 pm