Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Crosspatch Puzzle, 1958

Crosspatch Puzzle, 1958

By: Ardis E. Parshall - May 25, 2012

Another crosspatch puzzle from the Children’s Friend.

(Print it out, then hold the paper at eye level with “Riddle” toward you, and tilt the paper until you are able to read the question. Then turn the page so that “Answer” is toward you and read the answer in the same way.)

Let us know by a comment that you solved it — but please don’t give away either the riddle or the answer!

1. Done. And. Trying. Not. To. Comment. Further. . .

Comment by Grant — May 25, 2012 @ 8:24 am

2. Solved…..[groan] :)

Comment by Tom O. — May 25, 2012 @ 8:38 am

3. Oh! That’s awful!

Comment by Coffinberry — May 25, 2012 @ 8:49 am

4. The real question, of course, is whether any of the Republicans at the national convention that nominated Lincoln in 1860 did. And if so, why?

Comment by Mark B. — May 25, 2012 @ 9:18 am

5. I heard that the Boy’s Life editor for 1958 is suing the Children’s Friend for plagiarism, and that using the cross hatch to obscure what they would have printed straight out, will be no defense.

Comment by kevinf — May 25, 2012 @ 10:03 am

6. @Mark B

Good one. The answer to your question is – same answer.

Comment by Grant — May 25, 2012 @ 10:05 am

7. I’m just glad no one walked past as I stood next to my desk trying to read my monitor edge-on…

Comment by lindberg — May 25, 2012 @ 3:35 pm

8. Solved. And appreciated for the fact that things like this were drawn by hand. (And not digitally rendered in less than a minute’s time.)

Comment by reed russell — May 25, 2012 @ 11:02 pm

9. I found one of these in the news. Because I had seen one here, I impressed everyone because I could read it by just looking at the screen. Keepa made me look smart.

Comment by Carol — December 26, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

10. Maybe I’ll take Facebook up on its constant “offers” to boost Keepa’s posts, starting with an ad using your endorsement, Carol: “Keepa made me look smart.”

:D