Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Who’s Going to the UVU Conference on Mormonism and the Internet?

Who’s Going to the UVU Conference on Mormonism and the Internet?

By: Ardis E. Parshall - March 28, 2012

Any Keepa’ninnies planning on attending the conference this weekend at UVU (Orem) on Mormonism and the Internet? I’m speaking at 8:45 and taking part in a panel discussion later in the morning, tomorrow (Thursday), and would love to meet any of you who happen to be there.

Conference schedules, commentary, and information on internet streaming are available at Juvenile Instructor, By Common Consent, and Times and Seasons.

1. Shoot. We just got back from a several-days trip to “the Motherland.” I’m sorry to have missed this conference. I’d love to hear if any other readers attended (and their impressions).

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get the conference live stream to work this morning, either. I’m hoping that UVU archives the presentation for later viewing.

How’d it go, Ardis?

Comment by David Y. — March 28, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

2. Oops. [embarrassed grin] No wonder I couldn’t get the live streaming to work — the sessions don’t start until tomorrow! [another embarrassed grin]

Comment by David Y. — March 28, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

3. Shoot, David, I woulda loved to have met you and your family!

There were some readings and other parts of the conference today, so we’ll all think that’s what you were trying to pick up on!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — March 28, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

4. See you there, Ardis. If I can wake up that early!

Comment by Mark B. — March 29, 2012 @ 12:43 am

5. I want to try and sneak over for the 11:10-12:00 panel discussion. If a certain five year old can go hang out and catch a ride with his cousin to kindergarten. I have a 4th grade Utah history program to attend this evening, so the midday session will be the only part I can attend. The program tonight it’s going to the bomb. A certain fourth grade boy I’m a fan of has a singing part. He’s a Spanish explorer. If I can convince him that he is indeed going to school today. Stage fright and feeling a bit disturbed having to perform the program twice has got him down.

Comment by Dovie — March 29, 2012 @ 8:12 am

6. I just caught the panel discussion. Good job, Ardis. I’m fairly new to Keepa and don’t contribute much by way of comment, but I appreciate what you do here and it was nice to see and hear you in this program.

Comment by Todd — March 29, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

7. It was enjoyable to get to watch the talks this morning and then the panel. What an interesting discussion about the bloggernacle and the Keepa community in particular, Ardis.

Comment by Amy T — March 29, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

8. I caught most of the morning’s Q&A session, but it was difficult to hear everything. I’m looking forward to going back and watching the video of your presentation. After perusing the Bloggernacle, it appears that your question to parents (“If you don’t teach your kids LDS history, who will?”) really made an impression.

Comment by David Y. — March 29, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

9. Thanks, friends. I’ll post my talk text tomorrow morning. If that’s just all too much of the same thing, well, read the serial that started this week! It’s going to be a good one.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — March 29, 2012 @ 4:47 pm