Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Latter-day Saint Images, 1934 (2)

Latter-day Saint Images, 1934 (2)

By: Ardis E. Parshall - January 04, 2012

Latter-day Saints in lots of places — and I hope these summer pictures are welcome in January:

Preston 3rd Ward, Idaho

Takaroa (Tahitian Mission)
Relief Society

Superior, Colorado

Montpelier 4th Ward, Idaho
“College of Opportunity”
Relief Society Pageant

1. Took a close look at the Montpelier 4th ward picture, as my mother’s family lived in Montpelier at this time. Alas, they don’t appear to be there.

I also looked for my Uncle Rico in the Preston ward picture, but without a football, I don’t recognize him. Sweet.

Comment by kevinf — January 4, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

2. Do you have names for the boys in the Preston Ward picture? My dad was raised in Preston but don’t have much information about his childhood or pictures. There are a couple of boys that I can see as a possible match for him but really can’t tell.

Awesome pictures enjoyed looking at all of them thank you.

Comment by Colleen Willis — January 7, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

3. No, sorry. That one’s from a Children’s Friend which never identified even the teachers (some of the other magazines would name the bishop or Sunday School president at least, but not the Children’s Friend).

As always, if anyone wants me to send a copy of a scan, just let me know. You might be able to recognize someone with an enlargement, although I warn you not to expect much more in quality than what you see here. The scans are virtually always made from tiny images printed on cheap paper.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 7, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

4. Thanks for the quick reply. If you could send it to me I would appreciate it. I doubt I will be able to recognize if it is him but would like to try.

Comment by Colleen Willis — January 7, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

5. Hi. What’s the source of these photos – particularly the Washakie, Utah image. Thanks.

Comment by Sajajo — May 29, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

6. Most pictures in the “Latter-day Saint Images” series are scanned from LDS magazines published in the year indicated.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — May 29, 2013 @ 4:04 pm