Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Latter-day Saint Images, 1937 (2)

Latter-day Saint Images, 1937 (2)

By: Ardis E. Parshall - December 22, 2011

Iona, Idaho
Ward Homecoming

Arlenta, (State?) (Northwestern States Mission)
Sunday School

Sparks, Nevada

Rochester, New York
Cast of Branch Play “Wild Hobby Horses”

Rigby 1st Ward, Idaho

Heber J. Grant Traveling Party
Copenhagen, Denmark

Great Falls, Montana
Gold and Green Ball Royalty

Weber 11th Ward, Utah
Aaronic Priesthood Watermelon Bust

1. I love that building that the 18th ward MIA met in. Where was/is that? The Rochester cast is awesome. Perhaps it was indelicate for girls to eat watermelon in Weber–or maybe they just didn’t want to document themselves doing so.

Comment by Diana — December 22, 2011 @ 11:40 am

2. When I get around to printing the pictures that are local to me, I’m going to be busy. Two more in this post. I know I’m going to find someone! I suspect I know one of those violin players.

Comment by Carol — December 22, 2011 @ 12:36 pm

3. British and Baseball? Did they have to appropriate a cricket pitch? Silly Yanks, you pour water from a pitcher, that guy throwing the ball is a bowler.

Comment by kevinf — December 22, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

4. Whoah! Green and Gold Ball Royalty? And with six young attendants?! They were pretty serious about it, weren’t they?

Comment by David Y. — December 22, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

5. I love the old buildings with the balcony in the rear of the chapel, like the SL 18th Ward.

Comment by Maurine Ward — December 22, 2011 @ 10:50 pm

6. The 18th Ward was on A Street between 2nd and 3rd Ave. in Salt Lake City. The land was part of the Brigham Young property. It has been replace with a newer building, but the oldest part (the chapel)was moved to a lot in front of the Utah State Capitol. It is now called the White Chapel. I still call the newer building “the 18th Ward,” but I guess it is now called the Ensign Stake Center. I think Ardis goes to Church there.

I think that is Richard R. Lyman and Amy Brown Lyman in the photograph with President Grant.

Comment by Jeff Johnson — December 22, 2011 @ 11:22 pm