Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Before the Gospel Art Kit (II): Old Testament Story Challenge

Before the Gospel Art Kit (II): Old Testament Story Challenge

By: Ardis E. Parshall - January 04, 2010

The images used here come from a set of Biblical story pictures that were the most commonly used illustrations for LDS Sunday Schools from at least the 1940s through the 1960s. They are not original to us; rather, they come from some Biblical art supply company. I have not yet been able to identify that company, although I find these images in Biblical art collections all over the Internet.

Since these are the pictures that appear so often in LDS manuals and mounted on cardboard in meetinghouse libraries, they likely contributed strongly to the mental image of these scriptural stories in the minds of two or three generations of Latter-day Saint children.

How many stories can YOU identify from these pictures?

Some are very easy; others are extremely difficult, in my subjective evaluation (how many stories might be illustrated by a man in robes standing in the desert?). Identify up to six images — if you can amass at least ten points in those six answers, then you win a Genuine Certified Guaranteed Get-Out of Gospel Doctrine Class Free Card, good for one Sunday School session spent in the hallway instead of in class — backed, of course, with all the authority vested in me to grant such dispensation. If you want to run for Keepa Champion by racking up the highest score of all, identify six pictures on-blog, then send your other identifications to keepapitchinin [at] aol [dot] com.

Ready? Up to six identifications — leave the rest for others, please.

Value: One Point

59 and 60:

61 and 62:

63 and 64:

65 and 66:

67 and 68:

69:

1. Just wanted to thank you for doing this–I really enjoyed looking at these!

Comment by Julie M. Smith — January 4, 2010 @ 7:42 am

2. I remember these. Can’t tell you from where, but I am familiar with these pictures.

9 – Elijah the prophet
    10 – Moses on the mountain while the people party with idols below
    31 – Jacob and Esau
    36 – Abraham and his son
    37 – Elijah calling down fire
    38 – Elijah talking with Elisha

[Dan, I adjusted your numbers in two cases; use the reference numbers ABOVE the pictures rather than the ones below, all, to avoid confusion. --AEP]

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 7:52 am

3. 57- Joshua and the Battle of Jericho
    60- Israelites worshiping the Golden Calf
    48- Moses breaking the ten commandments when he discovered the Israelites worshiping the Golden Calf.
    15- David playing his Lyre
    14- Ruth and Naomi
    34- Caleb and Joshua coming back from spying on the prmised land

I’ve never seen these before. Guess they’ve not been around post-1998…

Comment by Matt W. — January 4, 2010 @ 8:09 am

4. Dan gets 5 of his 6 right on the money, for a total so far of 8 points. (38 is not Elijah and Elisha, although both prophets appear in the series of pictures. It’s not going to be easy distinguishing among guys in bathrobes, is it? (Perhaps a key in the case of 38 is that the old man with the white beard is indicating to the younger man with the dark beard that there’s a whole lot of land out there, including a well-watered plain.) Pick up another two-pointer, Dan, to win your “Get Out of Class Free” card.

Thanks, Julie. Aren’t you going to play, though?

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 8:14 am

5. Matt W., all those people/events appear in these pictures, but I’m not sure where your numbers are coming from — if you’ll doublecheck your numbers, I’ll polish up your GOOCF card, too.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 8:17 am

6. I’m not sure when the first set of standardized meetinghouse library pictures was issued, but it was well before 1998, so yeah, you probably have not seen these pictures in an LDS context before.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 8:18 am

7. well then Ardis, #38 would have to be Moses showing Joshua the land of Canaan (though I don’t recall the two having that conversation from the scripture).

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 8:19 am

8. wait, so from #53 onwards it’s 5 points? Can I try again then? :)

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 8:22 am

9. Sure, Dan, there’s always do-overs around here! (And #38 isn’t Moses and Joshua, either — there certainly are a lot of pairs of patriarchal figures wandering around the Old Testament landscape, aren’t there?)

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 8:36 am

10. 53 – Daniel praying
    59 – Samson
    66 – Moses confronting Pharaoh
    65 – Jonah preaching to Nineveh
    58 – Priests of Baal?

as far as 38, I have no clue if it isn’t Moses or Elijah

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 8:46 am

11. Dan, you’re right with 53, 59, and 65, so you have more than earned your card. Just remembered, it is backed with my full authority … meaning, don’t be surprised if your bishop tells you to get back into class!

(66 is among the 5-pointers because it’s another ambiguous one — there are three, I think, pictures of men standing before Pharaoh.)

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 8:52 am

12. 55 Gideon’s Band?

Comment by Eric Boysen — January 4, 2010 @ 9:05 am

13. Without having looked at any of the comments yet:

33: Jacob and Esau reunited
    37: Jacob receives Isaac’s blessing in Esau’s place
    39: Elijah calling upon the fire of heaven
    55: Daniel at prayer
    62: Naaman setting off to visit Elisha
    66: Elijah and Ahab in Naboth’s vineyard

Comment by Alison — January 4, 2010 @ 9:25 am

14. Sorry, the correct numbers for mine should be
    31, 35, 37, 53, 60 & 64
    That’s what I get for not reading the comments first!!
    This is fun, Ardis :-) We still have a bunch of these pics in our ward library, too.

Comment by Alison — January 4, 2010 @ 9:29 am

15. Eric, you’re halfway to your card with one answer. I still need to look up the story of Gideon’s band (“Gideon and the 300″ according to the picture caption) because it rings no bells with me.

Holy cow, Alison (not to be confused with the golden calf), how did you get some of those?! Elijah and Ahab and Naboth is another story that rings zero bells with me. 21 points right off the bat (but I’m sorry, I can issue only one card per reader!)

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 9:47 am

16. 23: Creation
    24: Boy Samuel’s communication with God?
    25: Fall of Jericho (Joshua, priests, and army of Israel)
    26: Moses and Aaron speak to Pharaoh
    27: Samson destroys building, killing himself and thousands of others
    28: Boy Samuel wakes up Eli (call from God)

Comment by Justin — January 4, 2010 @ 9:53 am

17. Justin gets all six on his first try … but you need four more points to win a card, Justin. Back to Gospel Doctrine for you!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 10:19 am

18. I kept looking for the picture of David admiring Bathsheba, or of Elisha, the bears and the children, but, alas, no luck.

54: Abel tending his flocks while Cain works his crops

45: David and Jonathan

44: Samuel anointing David to be king

42: Deborah

42: Saul being anointed king

Does this get me out of Sunday School?

Comment by Mark B. — January 4, 2010 @ 10:32 am

19. You know your Old Testament, Mark B., especially for distinguishing between the anointings of David and Saul, and for knowing Deborah.

54, though, illustrates a different story, at least according to the captions for this set. The most helpful clue, perhaps, is the young man in the foreground who is digging.

Still looking for the pictures illustrating Bathsheba, the bears, and circumcision.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 10:39 am

20. Shoot — I’m too late! All the easy ones are taken.

Naaman? Ahab? Oh my. My Bible skillz are sorely lacking.

Comment by Hunter — January 4, 2010 @ 10:45 am

21. You and me both, Hunter. Back to class for us.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 10:49 am

22. 39 – Joseph being sold by his brothers
    42 – Deborah celebrating Israel’s victory
    44 – David being annointed king by Solomon
    45 – David and Jonathan
    48 – Joseph’s brothers showing bloody coat to Jacob
    50 – Elijah raising the widow’s son

Comment by Maurine — January 4, 2010 @ 10:53 am

23. These are great! I was afraid that they’d be pretty ambiguous after reading the introduction, but found them surprisingly identifiable.

Re: Comment 20 I don’t see that anyone has labeled the first 10, which are pretty easy, I thought.

Re: Comment 15– How can you not know the story of Gideon and his chosen 300 who know how to lap water like puppy dogs? It’s one of my favorites!

(And I was quite pleased with myself to recognize 53 and 25, but they were already taken. DRAT!

Here’s my six (and the artist’s clue):

8- Jacob, Esau and the lentil soup (hairy arms)
    15- Jacob receives his vision of angels ascending to heaven (pillow of stone)
    22- Gathering manna in the desert
    38- Moses charging Joshua to lead Israel across Jordan into the promised land (Thanks Ardis for the clue!)
    51- Rachel “lighting off her camel” The first mail-order bride!
    50- Elijah and the widow of Zerapath

Comment by Clark — January 4, 2010 @ 11:14 am

24. I went with the numbers at the bottom of the pictures. Doh!

Should be 55, 58, 46 (which you posted twice, BTW), 13, 12, and 32.

Comment by Matt W. — January 4, 2010 @ 11:18 am

25. #50 is another ambiguous one — I think we ought to give both Maurine and Clark credit for it, although the original caption says it is Elisha restoring the son of the Shunammite. (All patriarchs raising the dead must look alike to us in brightly colored Sunday School pictures, eh?)

Clark, I’d have gotten it had they been lapping water — that story I know! But guys running through the dark with torches? Change the trumpets to pitchforks and I’d think it was peasant storming the castle.

#38, according to the captions, is meant to illustrate yet another story of two dudes in the desert looking over a well-watered plain. Maybe if the two men were surrounded with their immense flocks and herds, which required the two men to separate in order to find space enough for all, we’d recognize the story that the artist had in mind. (Not that both suggested stories couldn’t be suitably illustrated by this painting.)

In any case, Maurine and Clark can now join the growing crowd of Keepa’ninnies in the hallway.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 11:22 am

26. D’oh! That explains why I had one picture more than expected, Matt. It was like a giant game of Match, though, trying to figure out which one was up there twice.

58 *could* be used for Jericho, but has been identified as Gideon’s Band of 300; and 58 *could* be worship of the golden calf while Moses was up on Sinai — but it’s in the 5-pointers because the caption identifies it as a later instance of Israelite idol worship when the King of Israel himself engaged in idol worship.

The others, though, are exactly what the artist intended.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 11:29 am

27. The real trick is figuring out which pictures are already identified.

1 Tower of Babel
    18 Cain and Abel
    38 Lot and Abraham

And I think I’ll leave it at that, since I unfortunately have no use for a card.

Comment by Researcher — January 4, 2010 @ 11:33 am

28. 10. “What in the world is going on with Moses up there?”
    22. “Mm, manna.”
    44. “Just don’t mention this to Saul.”
    19. “Tell me again why we’re following that pillar of smoke?You know–where there’s smoke there’s fire.”
    12. “Don’t make me go! Pretty please…with sugar on top!”
    18. “What you mean he doesn’t want my fruits and veggies? Mind your own business, you little brat!”

Don’t ask me why I encrypted my answers. These odd fancies strike me from time to time.

Comment by Jami — January 4, 2010 @ 11:36 am

29. I know, Researcher; I’ll post all the captions sometime, but in the meantime I’m having trouble keeping track of so many myself.

Jami, you get double points for that!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 11:51 am

30. Mark B.
    No fair. You ID’d two of mine, plus one I think I got wrong. Our comments must have got to Ardis the same time. You have two #42. Which number is Saul being annointed King?

Ardis, because Mark B. got there first, should I try again?

Comment by Maurine — January 4, 2010 @ 12:05 pm

31. 58- danggit- That totally makes sense with Gideon and the 300. (We are Sparta!)

Guess I’ll have to go to Sunday School after all.

Comment by Matt W. — January 4, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

32. Maurine,

That first 42 should have been 41.

The clue to the two king anointings was the size of the anointee. Saul was a big strapping fellow and David just a little boy.

The Gideon story picture is given away by the torches and the trumpets. You can almost hear the echo of “The sword of the Lord, and Gideon” as you look at the picture.

Comment by Mark B. — January 4, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

33. I think we have the following left, and up for grabs:

apologies if I have included any already taken!

Comment by Anne (U.K) — January 4, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

34. Thanks, Anne!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 12:49 pm

35. 69 Samuel raising Ebenezer.

Comment by Mark B. — January 4, 2010 @ 12:53 pm

36. 66 – Jacob going to Egypt with his son Joseph
    67 – Isaiah
    68 – Ezra
    69 – Abraham

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

37. The answer sheet awards points to Mark B., as far as 69 goes. Dan gets 66 and 67. (68 is one of those other prophets of gloom and destruction.)

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

38. Rehoboam and Jeroboam (separately) are in the 5-pointers. Do we ever talk about those two in Sunday School?

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

39. Oh, goodie! That means I can skip Sunday school all year.

Comment by Mark B. — January 4, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

40. Yeah. Tell your ward that some crazy woman on the internet gave you permission. Note the reaction, and report here.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

41. I’m gonna go with Jeremiah then on #68

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 1:25 pm

42. Bingo! Jeremiah it is.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

43. 56 – Israelites carried in captivity
    58 – Jeroboam worshipping idols
    61 – Rehoboam

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

44. I should note that I am the Sunday School president in my ward. :)

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 1:33 pm

45. Sent you my best guesses. A few were in a copy of The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes that I was given as a child.

Comment by Jami — January 4, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

46. 47: Joseph interpreting Pharoah’s dreams?

(I don’t need the get out of jail, oops Sunday School, card, cos I can’t get to my ward anyway at the mo, (grr, long story), so thought I’d abstain to protect that privilege card for those who need it :-) )

Comment by Anne (U.K) — January 4, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

47. Ardis,

I remember many of these myself from my primary days. I’m sending you my answers via the aol email address.

Comment by kevinf — January 4, 2010 @ 2:09 pm

48. Three for three, Dan — you can tell your ward that you’ve come by your calling by way of qualification, and not because it’s something you need to grow into!

Jami gets about a bazillion points for what she sent in and could probably haunt the halls all year long without a problem. I especially liked that you pointed out that Moses had taken his shoes off in the presence of the burning bush (29), a detail I had missed.

Anne, yep, that’s Joseph standing before Pharaoh in 47. Even if you can’t get to Sunday School, you can teach yourself with the Old Testament as a text and these pictures to make you feel like you’re really in class!

Is everybody just about ready to have the answer key posted? Be aware that I’ll post it with my next comment, so don’t read below this point if you want to keep working on the puzzle yourself.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

49. 17: Esther

Comment by Mark B. — January 4, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

50. Mark: yup!

Am watching for your list, kevinf.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 2:16 pm

51. 54: Isaac’s peace treaty with Abimelech?

Comment by Justin — January 4, 2010 @ 2:20 pm

52. Extra point for knowing Abimelech, Justin — the answer key just refers to Isaac as a peacemaker.

Okay, the answers are going up in the next comment. Stop reading if you want to keep playing!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 3:02 pm

65 – Jonah Preaching at Nineveh
    66 – Jacob Before Pharaoh
    67 – Isaiah’s Vision
    68 – Jeremiah
    69 – Samuel, the Victorious Leader

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 3:05 pm

54. Darn, got here too late. But I did surprise myself with knowing much more of the OT than I certainly thought I did—I could ID 32 of them! Probably the easiest in the bunch, though.

The Samson rending the pillars is especially nice and other than the somewhat interchangeable “bathrobed” bearded patriarchs, all the art has interesting touches. Sadly, I’m pretty sure I never saw any of these in church (perhaps their use faded out mid-60′s?) because I think I’d remember some of the imagery.

Comment by Mina — January 4, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

55. I have most of these! My mom was the ward librarian when the building was updating the library, and she took most of the discarded pictures and gave them to me.

Comment by michnellelurv — January 4, 2010 @ 4:11 pm

56. I would never have guessed Abraham and Lot for #38. There’s nothing in the picture to differentiate two guys looking over a piece of land from any other two guys.

Comment by Dan — January 4, 2010 @ 4:12 pm

57. Suuuure, Mina, now you know all the answers! :)

Cool, michnellelurv! If you have a chance to check and report back, I’d love to know if there is any indication of date anywhere on your pictures.

Dan, I’m with you — there’s nothing distinctive. The picture does fairly illustrate the event, but there’s nothing in the illustration to point conclusively to this story over the several others that were proposed.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 4:23 pm

58. #43, The picture of Joseph making himself known to his brothers, like most of the other Egypt pictures has a palm tree in it. My husband just noticed a new painting of Joseph making himself known to his brothers, in the January Ensign, page 41; lo and behold, the same palm tree.

Comment by Maurine — January 4, 2010 @ 5:17 pm

59. Ardis, this has been great fun. I blew a whole morning playing your game, but it was worth it. Thanks.

Comment by Maurine — January 4, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

60. @michnellelurv: would you consider scanning your collection and posting them as a Flickr set?

Comment by Mina — January 4, 2010 @ 7:03 pm

61. Mina, they’re probably way too big to scan without special equipment. The mounted pictures I remember were, like, 11×17 or bigger, meant to be seen from the back of the junior Sunday School room.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 4, 2010 @ 7:09 pm

62. Junior Sunday School. There’s a term I haven’t heard in a while. Like when the 60-ish lady passed me in the hall on my way to scouts Wednesday night and asked where “the M.I.A” met… so quaint!

Comment by Clark — January 4, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

63. Thanks, Ardis. What a fun way to fritter away our last morning of vacation.

Comment by Jami — January 4, 2010 @ 8:04 pm

64. Aw dagnabbit, foiled by picture blocker at work, then family home evening. The game was over. :(

But I got 45 right. Which is why I have a permanent get out of Sunday School Pass (it’s called teach Valiant 11 in Primary).

Comment by Coffinberry — January 4, 2010 @ 10:07 pm

65. Oh, I’m just full of quaint, Clark: Hectograph. Sunday School superintendent. Prayer meeting. Ditto-Master. Honor Bee. Drama specialist. June conference. Merrihands. Moonbeams. 2-1/2 minute talk. Practice hymn. Birthday pennies. Binding of the sheaves. Book of Remembrance. (Had enough?)

That’s right, Jami, I live not only to keep myself from being productive, but to thwart all your attempts at meeting your New Year’s resolutions, too!

Sorry, Coffinberry. I made a Word document with all the pictures, ready to send to you and to offer to anyone else whose work servers blocked access, but it was waaaay to big to upload. Then I tried to post the pictures in a document behind the scenes that you could download from Keepa, but it was still so big that it would have taken a dozen files to squeeze past the limits of my own server. There has to be a way, but I couldn’t find it.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 5, 2010 @ 1:17 am

66. Wow — 65 comments! Keepapitchinin is getting a good start in the new year.

Comment by Hunter — January 5, 2010 @ 1:38 am

67. Does it count if a third of the comments are mine? But Happy New Year anyway!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 5, 2010 @ 2:02 am

68. That’s ok Ardis. I knew when you announced it I would be coming late to the party. But it was fun to play anyway! Thanks for all the work!

Comment by Coffinberry — January 5, 2010 @ 5:20 am

69. I didn’t read the entire introduction, so I failed to note the prize–I just thought it would be fun to participate. However, since I am the “tutor” for a special needs child in Primary, I am pretty much never in Gospel Doctrine anyway.

Comment by Eric Boysen — January 5, 2010 @ 7:28 am

70. So is the current Harry Anderson and Robert Barrett art better than this, or just different? It’s certainly not as bright. I kind of like the old stuff; it’s different, new, and nostalgic all at the same time. (Kind of like the rest of this blog!)

And Ardis could do a whole blog post on her comment #19 titled, “Best Old Testament Scenes Never Illustrated.” Heber’s wife and the tent peg, Jezebel “feeding” the dogs, Lot and his daughters, Tamar and Judah, Dagon the philistine god and the Ark, Saul “utterly destroying” the Amaleckites. The topics are endless…

Comment by Clark — January 5, 2010 @ 9:41 am

71. Addition to the “Best Old Testament Scenes Never Illustrated”: The Philistines and the Plague of Emerods

Comment by kevinf — January 5, 2010 @ 10:19 am

72. Clark started it, but you’re piling it on, kevinf!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 5, 2010 @ 10:54 am

73. Wow! I had no idea the originals were so big. I know now I definitely never saw them.

Comment by Mina — January 5, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

74. Re: 65 – Apparently, the “Honor Bee” isn’t so quaint anymore. I just read in this month’s New Era that it has been resurrected as a charm that the YW can earn to put on the chain of their Young Womanhood medallion. (I don’t know what it was in it’s previous iteration, though!)

Comment by Kajabada — January 6, 2010 @ 12:02 am

75. And to Ardis goes the prize for the loudest groan elicited by anything in the Bloggernacle all year. (I know the year is young, but I’m betting that “piling on” will be at the top of the list in 11 months and 24 days.)

Comment by Mark B. — January 6, 2010 @ 8:33 am

76. Thank you, Mark, thank you. {takes bow}

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 6, 2010 @ 9:44 am

77. I’m way behind, but just had to say wow. Awesome.

Comment by m&m — January 7, 2010 @ 11:39 pm

78. I remember a time when I thought emerods were jewels. . .

BTW, what DOES a golden emerod look like? Do you make them with a lost wax casting? If so, how do you make the original mold?

Comment by Eric Boysen — January 8, 2010 @ 7:46 am

79. I skipped over all the answers so as not to cheat. I know most of them. I’m only going to list the ones i wasn’t sure about–
    40 i think is Abraham and Lot
    58 May be the Children of Israel going to Babylon
    59 Looks like King Benjamin (smile–I know this isn’t BoM)
    65 Could be “The Lord is My Shepherd” (Psalms)
    Last two without numbers

Comment by MARJORIE CONDER — January 8, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

80. Darn–I didn’t notice the whole thing was already over, and I missed the prize announcement too. I really could use one, or three or six or twenty-five of those.(Smile)

Comment by MARJORIE CONDER — January 8, 2010 @ 1:57 pm

81. S’okay, Marjorie — you had fun anyway, didn’t you? :)

If you want to match up pictures with the answer key given in Comment #5, use the numbers that appear above each pair of pictures, or else they won’t make sense.

And I have just as much authority to give you a get-out-of-class-free card as I have to give anyone else!

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — January 8, 2010 @ 2:09 pm

82. Okay, your pics are not labeled correctly and I want to contest #68, which you claim is Jeremiah. The photo is labeled “Jacob Before Pharoah” in jpg format. I found this out by hitting “save as”.

Anyhow…I needed a pic of Jeremiah for a Sunday School lesson. I am overseas and our library is nearly non- existent.

Comment by Mark S — November 13, 2010 @ 1:51 pm

83. Ha! Gotcha! :) The numerical indications (“67 and 68″) appear at the top of the relevant images. You clicked on the picture above as if those numbers appeared at the bottom of the relevant pair.

In any case, I hope you found something that will help you in your lesson.

I’ll have a similar set of pictures up for the New Testament. If you don’t find something you need and you plan far enough ahead (say, a week or ten days), I may be able to find and post something to help.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — November 13, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

84. I was just surfing around – thank you for posting this fun game and the answers. I enjoyed testing my Old Testament knowledge and testing my ability to distinguish guys in robes :)

Comment by Janell the Great — November 29, 2010 @ 12:03 pm