The inaugural issue of a new online journal, “designed to promote the academic study of religion at the graduate and undergraduate levels,” and sponsored by Utah State University, has been published, here. Articles are written by graduate and undergraduate students, with peer review provided by specialists in religion and related fields at universities throughout the United States, according to the journal’s introductory statement.
The first issue contains three articles pertaining to Mormon Studies:
- Trenton Olsen, “Conflict of Church and State: Two Latter-day Saint Poets’ Perspectives on the Utah War of 1857-58” (The poets in question are Charles Penrose and Eliza R. Snow.)
- Joshua Wheatley, “The Prophet-Editor: Joseph Smith’s Revisions to Two Revelations”
- Nate Olsen,“Marriage and Divorce in Islamic and Mormon Polygamy: A Legal Comparison”
Articles with other religious focus are:
- Darren Iammarino, “Similarities Between Sethian Baptism and the Bridal Chamber of Thomas Gnosticism and Valentinianism”
- Patrick D. Bowen, “Conversion to islam in the United States: A Case Study in Denver, Colorado”
Links to all articles are found on the page linked in this post’s first paragraph.