Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Keepa’s back on line

Keepa’s back on line

By: Ardis E. Parshall - March 30, 2009

If you’ve tried to get to Keepa anytime in the last 24 hours and got only an “internal server error,” try again. It looks like we’re back up.

Now I can go dry my eyes, blow my nose, and tend to my bald head — it hurts to pull that much hair out, ya know?

1. I was getting worried that maybe SLC had been translated or something. :)

Comment by Bruce Crow — March 30, 2009 @ 10:23 am

2. No fear of translation with all the angry thoughts flowing out of my house in the direction of the site host! I’m surprised the earth didn’t open and swallow at least my block.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — March 30, 2009 @ 10:26 am

3. Phew.

Sorry to hear about the frustration. Host problems are not fun.

Comment by Wm Morris — March 30, 2009 @ 10:43 am

4. …either Salt Lake was translated, or Ardis was. :-)

(Whew!)

(You do have it all backed up, don’t you???)

Comment by Researcher — March 30, 2009 @ 10:46 am

5. I guess this is the virtual version of teaching a class and your Power Point (or should I say, film strip projector) goes out?

Walking away from the computer yesterday, after I wasn’t able to get on, I realized that Keepa has become one of my favorite websites. Yes, Ardis, I gotta habit.

Comment by Hunter — March 30, 2009 @ 10:48 am

6. Thanks for missing Keepa, or feeding your habit, or whatever applies! And while I back up very frequently, I hadn’t backed up since typing up a whole lotta drafts for which I had nothing to save me. I’m backing up again NOW.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — March 30, 2009 @ 11:12 am

7. I pictured the final scene from Ghostbusters, with Ardis fending off a snow-covered StayPuff marshmallow invader trying to crash her site. The power surge temporarily won a battle, but Ardis conquered in the end and saved us all from the pains of life-long withdrawal.

Comment by Ray — March 30, 2009 @ 11:48 am

8. Glad to see you’re back online and going. I missed Keepa yesterday and this morning.

Comment by Steve C. — March 30, 2009 @ 1:46 pm

9. So glad you are back! I missed you!

Comment by m&m — March 30, 2009 @ 11:37 pm

10. Yay!

Comment by Michelle Glauser — March 31, 2009 @ 1:00 am

11. Hey, I tried to find you last night before going to sleep and when I couldn’t get you, I got really upset. If I can’t get to the computer during the day, I make sure that I check Keepa out at night. I worried that you had run away to escape all of the people (me included) who insist on talking to you while you work and asking rediculous questions.

Comment by Maurine — March 31, 2009 @ 1:00 am

12. It’s odd how isolated I felt not being able to get here. I’m hopelessly addicted to you-all, too.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — March 31, 2009 @ 6:58 am