Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Scene from a Fathers and Sons Outing

Scene from a Fathers and Sons Outing

By: Ardis E. Parshall - March 26, 2009

Uintah, Utah Stake
Fathers and Sons Outing
1920

Child’s name unknown, alas

1. He looks so content and comfortable. Reminds me of my 6 year-old.

Comment by Steve C. — March 26, 2009 @ 7:34 am

2. What a wonderful picture.

My own 6 year-old was curled up on our couch last night, with only her head sticking out from the blanket. It was a surprising sight, since it made her look so tiny. (She’s tiny anyway, so curled up invisible under the blanket . . .)

I wish now I’d taken a picture.

Comment by Ray — March 26, 2009 @ 7:51 am

3. What a sweet picture!

Comment by Tatiana — March 26, 2009 @ 8:30 am

4. Possible caption:

Back in my day we didn’t have tents and sleeping bags.

We had rocks to sleep on, AND WE LIKED IT!

Comment by L-d Sus — March 26, 2009 @ 7:21 pm

5. Possible caption:

Back in my day we didn’t have tents and sleeping bags.

We had rocks to sleep on, AND WE LIKED IT!

:) And when hungry bears took bites from our hats, we just kept on sleeping.

Comment by Justin — March 27, 2009 @ 6:15 am

6. Possible caption:

* * * * *

And when hungry bears took bites from our hats, we just kept on sleeping.

Ha!

Another possible caption:
    [channeling the prophet Mormon] “And thus we see, why, in the year 1921, the rising generation of the Uintah Utah Stake opted to stay home from the the annual Fathers and Sons outing.”

Comment by Hunter — March 27, 2009 @ 7:34 am

7. Scriptural caption: “And it came to pass that we fled into the wilderness … and we hid ourselves in the cavity of a rock.”

Comment by Ardis Parshall — March 27, 2009 @ 7:36 am

8. Ardis, looks like we were both on the same BOM track.

I’ll take that as a compliment! (Brazen sucking up, I know.)

Comment by Hunter — March 27, 2009 @ 7:39 am

9. Wheredja think I got the idea, Hunter? This wasn’t two brilliant minds at work independently, Hunter, only yours. :)

Comment by Ardis Parshall — March 27, 2009 @ 8:41 am

10. My Grandpa should recognize who that is. I sent him the link as he was born and raised in the little Uintah town and knows everybody. Small chance he could be my great uncle, as he would be the right age, but we will see what Grandpa says. I would be nice to put a name with the very cute boy.

Comment by candice — March 28, 2009 @ 10:29 am

11. It sure would be nice to know, candice, thanks.

Comment by Ardis E. Parshall — March 28, 2009 @ 10:52 am